So sad but true, my human does not know how to read. Let me explain:
Everyday, I take my human for a walk around the neighborhood. Depending on the direction
I pull her in (ahem) we walk in, we sometimes walk by these plastic boxes.
They are obviously ‘cat boxes’, you know, like a dog crate but for cats. But my human insists that the box has something to do with cable television. This is when I realized that my human does not know how to read. I only know how to spell a few human words:
- C-A-R = go for a ride
- S-Q = squirrel
- T-O-Y = play
- C-A-T = cat
Look at the box in this photo. It clearly reads C-A-T, it smells like a cat and it even has vents on the side. This is clear and convincing evidence that it is a box for cats.
I feel sorry for my human, not knowing how to read human words must be hard on her. I will have to give her extra kisses to help her feel better about herself and to let her know that I don’t love her any less. If you or someone you know can help my human with this problem, please leave a comment below.
Note from the human: I have no idea how to respond to this one. Sometimes you have to pick you battles.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Coco’s blog below.
We are so happy to celebrate Super Dog Sunday with two of our favorite blogs All Things Dog Blog and Dog Tipper. It’s a fun event full of cute pup photos, prizes and most importantly an opportunity to raise money for Petfinder.
This my Super Dog Sunday Photo. Now go create your own and join the fun by clicking > here.
Subscribe to Coco’s Blog:
Yes, you read that right! I have been robbed! My toy room was practically cleaned out by dog toy thieves. This was my toy room before the robbery.
See… it was filled with all my worldly possessions. Everything a Diva Dog could want and more. Now it’s practically empty.
Here is what I can recall from the incident: I went out to sun myself in the backyard. I was being well behaved, innocent and cute. I was only outside for about 20 minutes. When I returned, to my absolute horror, more that half of my toys had been stolen! Oh My Dog!
My human does not seem to grasp the gravity of the situation. She is not at all panicked and refuses to call the police. She keep saying something about homeless dogs… blah, blah, blah. I just can’t get her to focus. I am shocked that this has happened to me. What kind of world are we living in when a pup’s toys are not safe in their own toy room. I’m going to stay here and guard the toys that are left. I’m not taking any chances.
PLEASE! PLEASE! Post this tragedey far and wide. We must protect the dogs of the world from toy thieves. I’m calling my Uncle Gordy for help. At least he will take this seriously, unlike my human who seems to have scurried off to the garage with two large bags. Hmmm….
Note from the human: Coco is being her usual dramatic diva self. She had way too many toys so I donated most of them to the rescue where they will be enjoyed and appreciated by the pups that have very little. I tried to explain but she was too busy having a fit. Which, by the way, lasted all of 3 minutes…
If you read my last post, you know that my human and I have set some goals for the new year. One of those goals is to get more exercise by going for longer walks. I am happy to report that except for a few days when it was in the 30′s in the morning, we have been doing a good job.
The key to training your human to walk is to set a rhythm they can follow. The rhythm that works for me is: Walk – Sniff – Sniff – Sniff – Walk – Sniff – Sniff – Sniff - SQUIRREL! – Walk (repeat)
Use that rhythm during the first half of the walk. On the second half of the walk you want to switch to: Walk – Walk – Sniff – Walk – Walk – Sniff – SQUIRREL! – Walk - Walk – Walk (repeat)
It is important to switch the rhythm of the walk half way through, so that your human has happy memories of the walk. This helps to avoid the ‘heel’ command or worse, a visit from the trainer guy for leash training. (‘Yuck’)
The most important thing you MUST remember about going for walks… DON’T ROLL IN POOP OR DEAD FISH! I know that duck poop and other smelly things can be irresistible but DON’T DO IT! If you do, you will get a bath every time. Believe me, I learned that the hard way. Humans just don’t see the value in smelling like poop. So now I smell like green tea. (double yuck).
In other news, we are having a great time with All Things Dog Blog’s Weekly Wag. This week we worked on ‘Stay and Come’. I am really good at this if there is a treat involved. Otherwise I just get bored and head off to explore the yard. Ohhhhh well… at least I tried.
Well, I am off to work. Feel free to comment and let me know what you and your human are up to. Remember, life is best when you love and obey your human.
My human has decided that “we” have to try New Things for the New Year. I love my human so I am going along with this, for now. Here are a few of the things we are working on:
- Longer walks twice per day – Apparently since I am now over 1 year post bilateral knee replacement, I am all cleared to take longer walks. While my human thinks we should use the 45 minutes to ‘walk’, I see this time as bunny, squirrel and nasty smells – hunt and sniff time. I will humor my human by walking, a bit, between sniffs and bunny/squirrel sightings. Just walking is soooo.. 2011. My human says longer walks will help me to lose weight, I say “hmmmm… we’ll see about that”.
- Take one photo a day to chronicle my year – My human and I are taking part in DogTipper.com’s 365 Photo Project. Lets hope this goes better than the failed Christmas Sweater Photo Shoot. BOL! (bark out loud). Anywho… the photo project sound like tons of fun so click the link and join in.
- Keep up with the Weekly Wag over at All Things Dog Blog. – This is a weekly activity you can do with your human. Week one was “Scent Work”. I am really good at this! Especially if peanut butter or Liver Snaps are involved. I think this is going to be an exciting adventure with lots of fun things my human and I can do together. I can’t wait to see what other activities come up in the Weekly Wag. If you want to join the fun, click the link and sign up.
- Post to my blog once per week – The lack of posts on my blog are really the human’s fault, not mine. I have lots of thoughts and antics to share. It is the human who fails to find the time to post them. I can’t be too upset about this because she is usually too busy making dog treats. Yummmmm…
- Give my extra toys and collars to the dogs that don’t have humans – I am not good at sharing so this will be tough for me. So far the human has managed to sneak a few toys out of the toy box and over to the rescue. Over the next few weeks, I will try to give up the ones I don’t play with often. Please note that I said ‘try’. The new toys that Santa and the Aunties just gave me for the holidays are off limits! Just sayin’….
That’s it! That is the list of new things we are working on for the New Year. Are you trying anything new this year? Post a comment and let us know.
Don’t forget, life is better when you love and obey your human.
Its that time of year when doggies dream of Santa and all the new toys they are going to get for the holiday. Last year, I got two new toys, a sweater and a new collar. Yeah…. I know, I am a lucky girl.
Sadly, the doggies who don’t have human Moms and Dads aren’t so lucky. My human told me that Santa does not go rescues and shelters. That means all the homeless doggies won’t get toys for holiday. I was totally bummed out by this. I used to be at a shelter. It was a really sad place.
We can’t let all those doggies have a sad holiday. So my human and I decided to make toys for them. But like Santa we can’t make toys for the tons and tons of doggies who are spending the holiday in a rescue or shelter. Sooooooo….. we are asking for your help. Can you help us make Toys For Furry Tots?
Grab your human and lets show them how its done. It’s really easy and really inexpensive. Here is how to make them:
- Get two pairs of socks (we bought ours at the dollar store $2)
- A Pack of Kong Squeakair Tennis Balls (Purchased at Target $5) We like these balls because they are durable and they squeak without the need for the little plastic squeaker.
This week Petfinder.com has been promoting pets that are considered less adoptable because they are Black in color - FIV+ Felines - Seniors - Special Needs – Certain Breeds and mixes. This issue hits very close to home for me and my human because as you can see, I would be considered a less adoptable pet. Luckily my human got lucky and took me home.
It is so exciting to have a three day weekend. I get to spend more time with my human and of course if she is not rushing around as much, I get to go for rides in the car to explore new place to go for walks and check out the new smells. Not to mention cuddle naps. I love cuddle naps. Nothing is better than curling up on the couch with your human for a nice long nap. We usually cuddle nap on Sunday but this week we get to cuddle nap on Sunday AND Monday. Yeah…!!! Very exciting stuff in my world I assure you.
I sure hope you and your human have something fun planned for this weekend. But….. before you head out this weekend, tell your human about the great giveaway I am hosting on my blog for our store Dog Pack Snacks.
What are we giving away? Well…… How would you like to win this really cute toy and a batch of our Chicken Jerky?
- Have your human post a comment below with your name and how you plan to spend the weekend for one entry
- Use the links below to “Woof” it out on Facebook or Twitter using this phrase “I just entered to win @DogPackSnacks you can too”. Then post the link as a comment for your 2nd daily entry.
You can enter once each day, using one or both of the entry methods above, until the contest ends at Midnight on September 6, 2011!
One (1) winner will be chosen using a random generator.
Have fun and play nice. Remember life is best when you love and obey your human. Now I’m off to Bark at something, scratch my tummy against the grass and sniff for bunnies till dinner time.
Note from the human: Chicken Jerky and Liver Snaps are on sale this week in our store. Check it out.
Be the first to know what Coco is up to. Get Bark Scratch and Sniff in your in-box.
I’ve been begging my human to move my blog to my very own URL. Why? Because WordPress keeps putting ads for these treats called ‘Milo’s’ on my blog.
Ughhhh… I don’t want to eat those thing and I don’t want them on my blog. Why would anyone add Glycerin, Sugar, Salt, and other stuff I can’t pronounce to Chicken Jerky, then say its 100% jerky. The ‘beef jerky’ contains Sugar, Salt, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Sodium Erythorbate (for color retention), Sodium Nitrite (for color retention), Onion Extract, and other stuff I can’t pronounce. Yuck. I’m the Dog Pack Snacks dog, I don’t want that stuff advertised on my blog.
Sooooo… I’m getting a new blog address, BarkScratchandSniff.com. We will be all set up on Sunday. Mom is working on it and muttering bad words under her breath. BOL (bark out loud) That should keep her busy and maybe I won’t get a bath this weekend ha ha ha….
By the way….. if you want real chicken jerky, it is on sale in our store this weekend. Just make sure to get permission from your human before you go on-line.